The season of chips and dip is upon us! And I’ve never met a cheese dip I didn’t love. This Easy Smoked Queso recipe will change your life, my friends. You may never look at queso the same again! With just a few simple ingredients and ready in under an hour, your addition to the tailgate will be the star of the show!
Feel free to spice it up however you like. You really can’t go wrong here. If the queso gets too thick, you can thin it out with milk or cream. Also, this recipe can be done on a standard grill. The smoke adds an amazing flavor, but the flame from the grill will definitely enhance the flavor, as well! And if chili is more your jam for game day, be sure to check out my recipe for the BEST chili ever here!
Grab those tortilla chips and enjoy!
Easy Smoked Queso
- Cast iron skillet
- 2 lb Velveeta Cheese cubed
- 1 can Original Rotel
- 1 can Fire-roasted Rotel
- 1/2 pound Smoked gouda cubed
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup Cilantro divided
- 1 pound ground beef seasoned to taste
- 4 T Traeger Beef Rub or any rub you like
- 1 T minced garlic
- Prepare smoker to 350 degrees
- Place all ingredients in a large prepared cast iron skillet (can use an aluminum pan, too)
- Place skillet on smoker rack
- Smoke for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- On the last stir, add in cilantro, reserving a little bit for garnish
- Remove, serve into bowls, and top with extra cilantro
- Serve with tortilla chips