Even though we are all anxiously awaiting spring, winter isn’t over yet! And that means we still have time to enjoy a hearty bowl of chili on a cold night. Today, I am thrilled to be making my favorite chili recipe (the best chili ever, if I could be so bold) with the guided precision of Cooksy, the world’s first intelligent cooking assistant.
First, let’s get to the recipe so you know what you’ll need to get this yummy pot of chili stewing. And then, I’ll introduce you to Cooksy. Whether you’re making your most treasured family recipe for the thousandth time or trying your hand at a new concoction, Cooksy will be your new best friend in the kitchen.
The Best Chili Recipe Ever
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 28 ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cans White Beans Great Northern or Navy
- 1 can Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 pkg Williams Original Chili Seasoning (the 4 lb option)
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 1/2 T Sugar
- 1 T Slap ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Medium Red Pepper Seeded and diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Medium Poblano Peppers Seeded and chopped
- 3 Medium Roma Tomatoes Seeded and chopped
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 3/4 Package Andioulle Sausage Chopped
- 2 T Salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 pound Jalapeno Bacon cooked, drained, crumbled (find at your local meat counter). Reserve some for garnish.
- 4 c Beef Broth
- 4 T all-purpose flour
- Add ground beef to a pot of cold water. With your hand, separate and crush ground beef
- Bring water to a boil until beef is cooked through
- Drain beef and season with a little salt and pepper
- Add cooked ground beef, broth, crushed tomatoes, beans (do not drain), chopped veggies, sausage, garlic, seasoning packet, garlic, sugar, and all seasonings to a large dutch oven pot (such as Le Creuset)
- Bring to a gentle boil and boil very gently for minimum of 45 minutes
- Remove approx 1-2 cups of juice and place into a bowl. Add flour and whisk until completely flour is completely dissolved.
- Add roux back to pot and return to boil
- Add chopped bacon, reserving some for garnish
- Simmer/gently boil for 30 more minutes and allow to thicken
- Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, crackers or chips and enjoy
Cooksy, in a nutshell
I’ve made this chili countless times, and I go through all the ins and outs of the recipe here. But making my treasured recipe with Cooksy was a whole new experience. I felt like a chef in French cafe! So what is Cooksy? It’s the world’s first intelligent cooking assistant. It’s like having your best friend in the kitchen while you’re cooking. With the help of a small device that mounts above your stovetop, you’ll see your recipe from a whole new perspective.
Here is my chili in action with Cooksy!
I love how Cooksy monitors the temperature of my chili as it cooks. No more burned pots of chili or overcooked anything! All of this info is streamed in real-time to the connected Cooksy app. From a simple recipe to the most intricate dish, this device truly makes it feel as though you have a sous chef standing right next to you!
Stay in the know on Cooksy’s 2021 launch!
Suffice it to say that I am blown away! From the sleek design (available in 3 colors) to the innovative technology, Cooksy will be the easiest kitchen renovation you ever take on. To be one of the first to add Cooksy to your kitchen, subscribe here for official launch info and special offers. Coming in 2021 to kitchens everywhere!